Sunday, June 22, 2014

Featured Photographer: Erin Shepley Photography

Yet another amazing week at My Beautifully Chaotic Lifestyle! Our judge for this past week is the stunning Erin Shepley Photography. Below you can learn more about her and check out some of her truly amazing work! 


Tell us a little about yourself (family, hobbies, etc.)

I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Calgary, Alberta. I am a work at home Mom to a sweet 16 month old boy, Landon and my husband, Matt is a project manager for a disaster restoration company. I am the oldest of six kids so have always been used to noise and chaos. I tap danced for 13 years but my most amazing skill is animal impressions haha!


What got you started in taking lifestyle images (or photography in general)?

I really got into photography about 4 years ago. I began taking classes at a local college and was immediately hooked. I took everything from beginner photography to darkroom processing / film photography. I knew it was something I wanted to continue learning about and doing more of when I was excited for every class and I couldn't stop reading and practicing everything I was taking in. Once I did some sessions and got enough shooting under my belt over the next couple years, I really found my style. Lifestyle photography came naturally to me as I discovered how much I love to work with people and create genuine images from true emotion and capture things as they unfold. Births and weddings are my favourite things I shoot.


Any photographers that you look up to?

Oh my, yes! I am inspired and motivated every day by a different photographer. I follow so many of them, both locally and around the world. There are just too many to name!



What is in your camera bag?

I keep things simple. I shoot with a Nikon D700 and a Nikon D5100 as my backup. My lenses include a 50 f1.4, 85 f1.8, 24-120 f4 and 105 macro. I also have 2 speedlights, SB900s.


If you could shoot anybody in the world, anywhere, who and where?

I would love to follow a folk band around for a week and capture some candids of them travelling and singing together.



Absolutely stunning!! Be sure to go check out more of her work on her Facebook page, Erin Shepley Photography page or website, http://erinshepleyphotography.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment