Sunday, October 19, 2014

Featured Photographer: Allyson Wasmund Photography

This week we had the honor of the very talented Allyson Wasmund Photography as your guest judge!! Her images are stunning, read more about her below and take a peek for yourself!! 


Tell us a little about yourself (family, hobbies, etc.) 
I am married with two children {7yo son, 3yo daughter}. I became a stay-at-home mom at the end of summer 2013...something we had worked towards for a VERY long time. It was the best gift I could ever receive because not only do I get to spend more time with my kids, I get to devote more time to my photography.


What got you started in taking lifestyle images (or photography in general)? 
I have loved photography since I was a little girl. I received my first camera around 4th grade...and haven't stopped taking pictures since. It wasn't until I got my first DSLR {when I became a stay-at-home mom} that my passion grew. And it keeps growing!


Any photographers that you look up to?
Gosh, there are so many. And I've met many talented people throughout my journey so far. I very much look up to the gals in my blog circle 'And Then We Snapped'.


What is in your camera bag?
Right now I shoot with a Nikon D40. I purposely started with a basic DSLR to learn, and this camera has taken me so far in my journey {even shot a wedding with it}. I'm finally to the point of saving for an upgrade. As for lenses, I use a 35mm 1.8. 


If you could capture anybody in the
world, anywhere, who and where?
I'd love to capture my children experiencing the ocean for the first time. :)


Fantastic!!! You can see more from Allyson on her Facebook page, or her website: http://www.allysonwasmund.com




No comments:

Post a Comment