Monday, August 11, 2014

Feature Photographer: Summer Cates Photography

We want to give a huge thank you for Summer Cates Photography for being our guest judge this week!! I encourage you to please visit her page and see her STUNNING work! Don't forget to show her some love!! Learn more about her and see some of her wonderful images below! 
______________________________

 Tell us a little about yourself (family, hobbies, etc./  
I am a Mama to two little girls; Magnolia, 1 & Natalie, 3 {going on 13}!  I have been married almost 4 years to my sports-nerd, foodie husband, Nate & we have two little fur babies; Zephyr & Toshi.

What got you started in taking lifestyle images (or photography in general)?

I started {like most} taking pictures of my first born when she was about 6 months old.  I stayed on the green box for about 6 months before taking the leap & gaining creative control.  The first 6 months was NOT a pretty sight… I knew what I wanted to create was not what I was producing, but I also knew that in order to get ‘there’ I was going to have to shoot every day.  Thus began my quest to become a better every day shooter.


 Any photographers that you look up to?

Jennifer Nobriga.  Cate Wnek.  Candice Zugich.  Heather Robinson.  Sue Bryce.  Christa Meola.  Kate Densmore.  I could go on & on!


What is in your camera bag?

Nikon D610.  Nikor 50 1.4.  Sigma 35 1.4.  Expodisc.


 If you could capture anybody in the world, anywhere, who and where? 
Bruce Springsteen in New Jersey.  Swoooooon.


Stunning!! You can see more on her Facebook page here: Summer Cates Photography, or her webpage here: http://summercatesphotography.com





No comments:

Post a Comment