Friday, October 10, 2014

Featured Photographer: Beyond the Spectrum Photography

We had the absolute honor of having an amazing guest judge this week, Beyond the Spectrum Photography! If you have not already seen her work, you've got to go check it out, trust me!! And learn more about her below!! 

Tell us a little about yourself (family, hobbies, etc.)
Together we have five children, but only two little people at home now so have gone from a loud busy home to a somewhat quieter one.  We make an unusual but happy team my husband and I, he loves the country and I love the beach; he loves horses and I love the camera. 


What got you started in taking lifestyle images (or photography in general)?
 I needed to have a career change due to our little boy being diagnosed with Autism, I was a social worker, but needed to find something that could enable me to be more flexible.  After out little fella, was diagnosed, as a way of coping I used to photograph the "lines" that he would make...and that has led me to where I am right now.  I never knew I could do what I'm doing now. 


Any photographers that you look up to?
I'm not overly familiar with photographers, as this is a totally new area for me, however I have in the last two years observed Meg Bitton and Jake Olsen. 

What is in your camera bag?
 In my camera bag I have a 5D Mlll, 50mm, 430EXll speedlite, lipgloss, batteries, extra cards, tampons (can I put that lol)  a reflector, tissues and Body Shop Perfume Oil  


If you could capture anybody in the
world, anywhere, who and where?
I would have given anything to spend a day with Nelson Mandela and capture him.  He has been my absolute hero ever since I read the Long Walk To Freedom, it was a sad day when he left our world. 


What STUNNING work!!! Check out more on her Facebook page, Beyond the Spectrum Photography or on her website, http://www.beyondthespectrumphotography.com.au/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment